Wednesday, November 23, 2011

YEAR IS ON A ROLL!!!!

WOW! This year started just yesterday and already it's rounding off to its end! Alot of legendary things happened...my new job, meeting the Mandela family at the personal Madiba home in Qunu in a private meeting...just me and my boss, going to Mvezo and going back and forth for the Block sessions at school with the last being a profound experience of stretching out our hand as the Cape Peninsula University of Technology 2011 design build Architecture class and helping out a school in need. Those highlights spell nothing short of FORTUNATE. I was fortunate simply to be a 2nd year student at CPUT in year 2011 and be able to say even 20 years down the line: ''yes I was part of that design-build team''. I was fortunate simply to be a part of NN architects...getting hired was a blessing in its essential self. I was fortunate to be part of a year whereby using the cyber world as a means of learning for the first time...guinea pig would be sound more like it( mind you, my life has always been interesting that way lol). I cannot express my gratitude more although I wish there were other ways to do so. I appreciate the fact that I am studying a career I feel strongly about.

Architecture has exposed itself in its most raw form. Sleepless nights, dealing with clint of different culture and creed with the all sort of different pressures they came with, multi-tasking with different projects simultaneously and accepting the fact that there is no ''me-time'' in this career...SACRIFICE!

Recently I was pondering upon this broad term called Arhitecture...I will be sure to share my thoughts...

To all my blog viewers, this year was not even the tip of the ice berg as to where I am going with this career...I have more intentions, more growth and more stories still to share with all of you. There is a friend of mine from Germany, Sophie Schirren who told me that she has been reading my blog. The shock and emotion that I felt was huge considering the fact that I initially had my mind believe that this blog was only for me and my lecturers...nevermind the fact that it is open to the public...I still had the notion that no one would spare the time to read and share my wonderful experience. This is insight into the life of a typical architecture student and keep on the watch for this one as this is not the end of Yolanda Mfikili.

To round of, I find it so hilarious that now that my time for internship is coming to an end, I am beginning to enjoy being a 'proffessional'...and I must say...ALL WAS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Till next time,
//Yoli//

No comments:

Post a Comment